Thursday, September 2, 2010

WHY?

[This was the first message I ever posted on my first Lollards blog, and I think it still serves as a fitting introduction for this doppelganger of an endeavor.  Plus I'm lazy, or rather, I practice economy of effort.  Haters to the left.]

Note: The following is a brief (that word is relative) dissemination of things you may want to know and a panoply of answers to questions you may be (rather pointlessly) asking yourself. If you do not want to know these things or are allergic to questions in general, do not read this post. Ever. For any reason.

1. Why Lollards? I like the word. I like its weirdness. I like that it’s the kind of word that begs you to say it with your tongue hanging like a fat, dead carp from your mouth. (that might just be my own special, snowflake quirk, though.) Plus Lollards put me in mind of candy-coated ducks (lollipops + mallards= Lollards), and there are few things in life more fabulous than that. Lollardy also has historical significance, of course (don’t ask me; ask Wikipedia) but I’m really all about the ducks.

Lollards.  Glorious, fashion-challenged Lollards.
 2. Why blog? Well, what’s a girl to do who has tons of time, an overabundance of opinions and absolutely no ambition? The obvious answer is she blogs. (I am she, in case you were wondering. I don’t mean to mislead anybody with my deft use of pronouns.) My one real gift is being super opinionated (spirit of judgment what? I can’t hear you), and my wonderfully supportive husband (WSH) is…blessed…with my particular point-of-view often, daily, always. No one man should benefit that much. So now I share because I’m a giver.

My ridiculously awesome, fantastically gorgeous husband.  He may be beleaguered, but he wears it well.

I really don’t know what this blog is going to look like. I figure I’ll write whatever strikes my fancy, and believe you me, my fancy is easily struck. This is pretty much a place for me to vent my frustrations, share my thoughts and wrestle with my questions. I’m an expert in absolutely nothing, so solid answers are in short supply around here. I struggle, so I write. It’s really that simple.

3. Why me?
Yeah, that's me.  If you ever catch me smiling like that, it's time to be afraid.

Looking at this question now, it strikes me as deeply existential. Anyone else? Okay, table for one. Here’s the easy answer: this is my blog. As in the blog possessed by me. There is a limited quantity of potential authors, and I’m it.

As I said before, I am no authority on anything. I have no cool title that will garner me instant respect like Dr. or Rev. or Miss America. I am one of very little knowledge but very much curiosity, and I’ve always felt that if you were really curious and just a bit strange, you could go places. Now the places I go you may not want to follow, and that’s fine. I figure this blog will be about whatever I’m about, which at the moment would be faith, fiction, politics, my puppy, Chaucer Bear, music, makeup, (parentheses) and cheesy television shows about vampires. Lest I be seen as the heartless beast I am only some of the time, I am also about my friends and family, but I will do my best not to dish about them too much for they are (mostly) innocent. Not everyone’s going to be into everything I’m into, and if you are, then we are soul mates and I must commune with you, like right now.

So that about does it for the inaugural post. Huzzah! I survived and I’m assuming you did too. For this we should be rewarded. Hunt me down and I’ll buy you a cookie (maybe if I feel like it).


Toodles,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment